Homework Policy 家課政策
The Purpose of Homework :
- To consolidate what students have learnt in class, and to prepare them for upcoming lessons
- To develop students' self-regulated learning habits under teachers' guidance
- To enable students to monitor their learning progress, identify their weaknesses, and use different strategies to improve their academic performance
- To cultivate students' good learning habits and enhance their self-directed learning abilities
- To let teachers keep track of students' learning progress and devise teaching strategies to facilitate better learning
- To identify areas for development in the curriculum and inform teaching and learning to support students to achieve a higher standard
- To allow parents to gain an insight to where students’ strengths and weaknesses lie, put in place early interventions, set positive expectations and provide appropriate timely support to contribute to effective learning
- To promote learning through informative and clear feedback and help parents to keep informed of students’ progress and render assistance
- To accomplish the desired teaching objectives, teachers set a diverse range of effective homework to consolidate what students have learnt.
- A flexible approach is adopted to assign homework to cater for learner diversity.
- Teachers work together to promote a family-friendly homework policy.
- A varied assortment of effective homework is assigned to arouse students' interest in learning.
- Homework for Primary 1-3 students is designed with fun and creative elements. Homework for Primary 4-6 students is focused on critical thinking, analyzing, creating original ideas as well as application in daily life.
Implementation Procedures and Arrangements:
- Homework periods are arranged for students to complete most of their homework at school.
- Teachers will help students with their homework in class.
Collaboration Between Parents and School:
- Parents should check students’ homework and sign their homework diary regularly.
- Parents should understand the purpose and the importance of completing homework, and give students support when needed.
- Parents should provide a quiet and comfortable environment for students to finish their work.
- Expectations of students’ learning progress and academic results should be reasonable. Encouragement should be offered often.
- Teachers' feedback on students' homework is valuable. Parents should be aware of it in order to help students improve their performance.
- Parents can use e-Class Parent App to know what homework is assigned.
- 家長可透過 e-Class Parent App 閲覽學生當天的家課。